Appointment times vary according to the GP.
Core Appointment Hours are as follow:
- Mornings: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
- Evenings: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
We also offer an extended hours surgery on Thursday evenings from 18:30 until 20:00. Nurse's appointments are available in our extended hours surgery on a Thursday evening.
For advice on times out of these hours please contact reception.
Access to GPs when our Practice is Closed
To help to provide GP services at a time convenient to patients, especially for those who work or those who care for others and need to wait for someone to take over their caring duties there are now a number of hubs in the Wigan area that you can access when our Practice is closed. They are staffed by GPs and Nurses.
The ones nearest one to our Practice are in Atherton and Tyldesley
You would be able to see a GP during the following times:
Week Days 18:30 – 20:00
Weekends 10:00 – 16:00
Nurses appointments are available on a Monday and Tuesday evenings. Appointments are available for the following:
- Cervical Smears
- Contraceptive Pill Checks ( Not Depo Provera)
- Long term medical condition annual reviews
- Asthma reviews
- Diabetes reviews-(annual bloods need to be done a few days before the review date)
- Peripheral Aterial Disease reviews
- Ischaemic Heart Disease reviews - (annual bloods need to be done a few days before the review date)
- Stroke reviews
- Artrial Fibrillation reviews
- Heart failure reviews
- (Ask our call handlers or refer to the website for the list of LTC reviews available - and book a double appointment )
To get an appointment please ring 01942 482848.
Please note that you will need to register for this service. Please contact reception to do so.
Cancel Your Appointments
You can cancel your appointment:
- In person
- Telephone us on 01942 605506 / 671594 / 269284
- Send a text on 078 751 582 69 leaving your name and appointment time.
If you wish to rebook you will have to contact the surgery on the usual switchboard numbers.
Due to the number of patients failing to attend for their appointment this may mean that you may not be able to see the Doctor on the day that you wish to.
In an attempt to try and resolve this, the practice has developed the following policy:
- If you fail to attend for 2 appointments within the last 6 months without informing us we will write to you asking if there are any specific problems preventing you from letting us know. If you fail to attend for a 3rd appointment you may be removed from the practice list and have to find an alternative GP Practice.